Losing hair is a part of a normal cycle of growth and replacement. Hair follicle go through the growth and resting cycle in a non synchronised way. Genetics is the most common cause of hair loss among both men and women. In fact, heredity are responsible for 90% of all the cases of alopecia ( baldness).
Hair regrowth treatment options:
- Male/Female pattern baldness: Topical Minoxidil and Finasteride are the only FDA approved drugs to treat pattern baldness.
- Permanent hair loss – it can also be treated by hair replacement procedures, such as hair transplantation methods namely micro Grafting, punch grafting and also by scalp reduction.
- PRP treatment for hair regrowth– Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood plasma that contains approximately 3 to 5 times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. PRP is an advanced, Non surgical, therapeutic procedure to treat hair loss conditions.
- Mesotherapy- It is one of the efficient way treating hair loss in men as well as women. This hair treatment checks hair loss and allows her to grow by supplying vital nutrients and comprise natural plant extracts and vitamins that stimulate hair regrowth. The nutrients are delivered to the hair roots through microinjections that are relatively painless.
- Hair nutritional therapy – it involves nutritional supplements with optimal diet to nurture and protect fragile hair follicles.
- Laser hair treatment – laser treatment is believed to increase blood flow in the scalp and stimulate metabolism in catagen or telogen follicles, resulting in production of anagen hair. The hair growth cycle consists of three phases growth( anagen phase), resting ( telogen phase) and shedding ( catagen phase). Laser treatment is a safe form of light/ heat treatment under investigation for a variety of health indications.